Monday 3 October 2011

Going to the Chapel...

Hi Dolls,

We finally had my sister-in-law and now new brother-in-law's wedding last Friday. It feels like we were counting down for ages and now it finally happened! It was seriously one of the best weddings I have ever been to. In the top two I'd say! Everything was just perfect and full of little surprises! Such a magical and special day!

The hair, the makeup, the accessories, the flowers... everything was just beautiful.

The ceremony was held at their local church. I was lucky enough to be asked to do a reading. The ceremony was short and sweet and just beautiful.

Afterwards there was photos and the weather held up long enough to do this in record time. They had made a list of all the photos they wanted with family and friends and this was such a great idea - no one was left out and they went so quickly! The bridal party then trotted off (well I should really say elegantly glided away) to the next location for more photos... in a stretch Hummer! Awesome!

The reception was at the Doyle's Bridge Hotel. It was a beautiful venue set on the water surrounded by all the boats and yachts. The bridal party were introduced and came in separately with different funky little dances and pumped everyone up for a fabulous and fun night. The bride and groom(!) even had a sneaky outfit change in between the ceremony and reception! A couple after my own heart! A long dress at the ceremony was changed for a shorter little number for the reception. The groom changed into a pair of shorts.
The bridesmaids wore a beautiful yellow colour, each with a different neckline. The bride's white dress had a matching yellow bow and shoes.

There was just so many great things, they had leaned a dance routine for their first dance with lifts and all!
Instead of a guestbook, there was a fingerprint tree which will look fantastic framed on their wall. Each guest put a fingerprint on an outline of a tree and wrote their name under it. A great idea instead of an actual guestbook that just sits in the cupboard and never comes out to play.
The speeches were even great, and it doesn't always happen this way at a wedding. I was so proud of my husband who did a beautiful speech for his sister - it didn't leave a dry eye in the place. I also loved the joint bride and groom speech which was hilarious and so touching. I loved the way they separately thanked each groomsmen and bridesmaid. You choose these people to be part of your special day, so it was nice to know why they each meant so much to them.
You could just feel the love between the two of them and could tell they were meant to live happily ever after. I know, I know, I'm getting a bit corny now but I just love a wedding, you know!

I can't wait to see the wedding video and all the photo's.

Have fun on your honeymoon in Fiji!

To the bride and groom!






P.s - Thanks everyone for all the pics I pinched from Facebook... obviously I left my camera at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment