Monday 3 October 2011

Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Tart... to die!

Hi Dolls,

I have had a few requests for the Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Tart I made recently. I have to be honest, I pinched the recipe from my sister... actually, if I'm really honest, I made her help me make it too! We made it for a BBQ on the weekend and it all went within 5 minutes, so it might be a good idea to make two! It's delicious and SO easy to make - Enjoy!

Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Tart
Serves 8 / Ready in 25 minutes (plus refrigeration time)

Ingredients:
250g packet chocolate ripple biscuits
125g butter, melted
32 vanilla marshmallows
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
300ml thickened cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used vanilla bean)
1/4 cup salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped


Method:
- Place biscuits in a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add butter.
- Process until just combined.
- Press in base and side of a 3cm-deep, 23cm base) loose-based round fluted flan tin.
   (I used a pie dish and lined it with baking paper instead).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.

- Place marshmallows, milk and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stand for 5 minutes to cool.

- Using an electric mixer, beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks from.
- Add 1/4 of cream to marshmallow mixture.
- Stir to combine. Fold through remaining cream.
- Spoon mixture into prepared case.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or until set.
- Serve.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment