Thursday 13 October 2011

Shopped till the shops closed!

Hi Dolls,

I have been spending my birthday money again…on makeup… again! Well mostly makeup anyway.

This time I was on the look out for a new foundation. I know I’ve said this a million times, but my skin is quite dry and I find it hard to find a foundation that just stays the way I put it on, instead of flaking off my nose the second I walk out the door. I went to Priceline and the Maybelline New York Fit Me range had a $30 deal where you could choose any three products from the range. I ended up with a foundation, matching concealer and powder. I have been using them for a couple of weeks now and I am in love with it! It stays put and has great coverage without being too heavy.

My sister-in-law was telling me about the Yves Saint Laurent touché éclat and how it’s her new favourite piece of makeup. So I went to the YSL makeup counter and told them that I wanted to be talked into it too. It was $55 and in my opinion worth every penny. They also through in a sample of their new ‘shocking’ mascara. That will have to be my next purchase because it was fabulous – one stroke and it looked like I was wearing falsies! Anyway, the touché éclat is a highlight concealer stick. If you get dark circles under you eyes, I suggest you run (not walk) right now, yes, right this instant and purchase this magic wand. It really is that great. Before you go to Myer or DJ’s though, check out my beauty spot. I saw them there a few days ago for only $30! Dammit, I hate it when I miss out on a bargain, but I would hate it if you missed out on it too!

Speaking of my beauty spot, I did get a Stila lip glaze in peach for $10! I have paid way more than this for the same thing before (don’t think I should say how much more in case my husband is reading). I love Stila makeup. There were also Stila eyeshadow palletes, lip pencils and bronzing powder for only $10 each. That is just a ridiculous price!

I went past the MAC counter at Myer on the look out for a lipstick to wear at my sister-in-law’s wedding. I ended up being sucked into a pink lipstick. The shade is and was $36. I had never worn a MAC lipstick before, but it’s very smooth, glides on and feels really nice. It’s super bright and quite a deep shade but I love it anyway. It’s nice getting something a little different.

I tend to always buy the same lip colours because I love them. I only realize this when I get home and put them with the 20 other lipsticks that are the same shade. So at Kmart, with this in mind again I picked up a Rimmel lipstick for $10 in pink blush. This was also bright but very light and I love this one too! I also want the same lipstick in the shade soft coral but thought I better not buy too many lipsticks all at once!

With all this new makeup, I totally needed something new to put it all in, right! I was in Myer and spotted this awesome Basque makeup bag. It was $30, but imagine my excitement when I found it on sale for $5! It fits heaps in it but isn’t too bulky.

I also found myself in Diana Ferrari where there were racks of things with 50% off. I ended up getting these gorgeous ballet flats for $20! They were $90 reduced to $40 with 50% off the sale price! Bargain! They feel wonderful as well - like walking on a cloud!

... and this is where i dropped... or at least this is when the shops closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment