Monday 12 September 2011

To market, to market...

Hi Dolls,

Just wanted to fill you in on what's been happening in my world this week. 

I think we were up to Father's day last time I checked. It was my husbands first Father's day and it really was such a great day. Piper and I made him this cute photo frame and got him a little book as well. We got up early and made him breakfast in bed - Eggs Benedict. Ha, she is so clever isn't she! I have got to be honest though, they were seriously the best poached eggs I have made in my life. Actually, scrap that - it was the best meal I've made in my life. I like to bake, but my husband is generally the cook in our home. Of course, I do the washing up though! 


Piper finally got over her sniffles and we got her 4 month old needles. She was such a little trooper, she cried at the time the nurse poked her, but was her happy little self afterwards. We also visited the health nurse and she is now over 6kgs! She is growing at the pace she is supposed to. It's nice to know she is on the right track and doing what she is supposed to be doing.

 

Our mother's group changed it up a little bit and went to the Caribbean market. On the first Friday of every month, there is a baby and children's market. It's fantastic, possibly a little more fantastic for girls but there was still a few things for the boys there. It was such a beautiful day, after a wonder around the market we sat outside in the beautiful sunshine. I am definitely keen to do this again next month. Piper wore her little dress from seed that I got the other week. Total bargain - was $40, down to $20 with 15% off. I ended up getting it for $15!

My sister-in-law (who is getting married in... 18 days - excited!) had her hen's night the weekend before last. We gate-crashed a bit early and gave her a little something before the wedding day that I had made. They are handkerchiefs with the tag 'happy tears.'



The night was hilarious and we all had a great time. I didn't get home till almost 3am - party animal! As with most hen's nights, there was obviously some entertainment. The entertainment turned out to be life drawing. Has anyone done this before? I haven't, but I must say, it was so much fun! He did four different poses and we each had to try and draw him and his... well you know! Then we had a wonder around the room to check out everyone else had drawn. I have not laughed like that in a while! It was so funny and a bit naughty, but definitely worth the bucket load of cash this guy charged! I got a prize for one of the four drawings. Would it be bad to let Piper play with these maracas...??


Ooo, I forgot to show off my new boots. Yes, another pair and well, they aren't quite new - I got them a month or so ago and forgot to show you! They were from Williams and were $90 down to $55. They even fit right up to my knee!
Sconeday Sunday was yesterday. My sister and I have started making scones (with jam and cream with a Chai Tea Latte on the side) every other Sunday. They are delicious and so easy to make. Why don't you get a couple of girls around and try it too this weekend. You could even make it a bit more fancy and break out the china for a high tea instead!

http://ww.williamstheshoemen.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment