Monday 22 August 2011

I've been getting my craft on!

Hi Dolls,

I have been busy busy this week. I got stuck in lincraft (again!). I got a heap of stuff and have been glue-gunning away making cute little headbands for my lil munchkin. It's so much fun being crafty and I have a huge to do list for things in my home - not just baby stuff. I've been scrolling through and watching tutorials on Pinterest.com and have custom made headbands to go with all of Piper's little outfits. Here are a few I made earlier.


I have been putting Piper in headbands pretty much since she was born. Mainly because they are pretty, but also in the hope that when she is older and she is wearing a hat or sunglasses in the summer time she might not feel the need to rip them off - here's hoping! My sister-in-law was making headbands among other things for Piper while I was pregnant. Yep, I couldn't wait to find out what I was having. So, before she was born I had the cutest hand-made cot mobile and pram-tie going around. Everywhere I go, someone comments on how gorgeous it is! Here is a sneaky peak of the cot mobile and our baby girl's nursery. I hung lanterns over her change table. There are white cane baskets with pink gingham inserts under the change table. I put a dandelions decal on the wall. I even hand sewed crystals all over the top of the mosquito net (took me ages!!). My sister-in-law made the canvases hanging on the wall as well using white fabric, pink and white polka-dot ribbon and buttons.


Did I mention that my other sister-in-law is getting married next month? I'm so excited and cannot wait, gosh I love a wedding! We all went Mother-of-the-bride dress shopping last weekend. It's top-secret so I can't say too much. Only it cost a bomb and looks magnificent. We went shopping at the Burke Street Mall. That place is huge! Piper was an absolute nightmare - she slept most of the time and we barely heard a peep out of her, she was the perfect little angel! I behaved myself as well, but did get myself a new pair of Nike runners. I needed them, I swear! I've even used them already (shocked? I know I was!). They actually make me want to exercise. I guess we will see how long that lasts!


Ooo, I also got a dress for the wedding! It is also super top secret... but I will tell you it was from Diana Ferrari and it was $150 discounted to $130 with 50% off. So I ended up getting it for the bargain price of $65!! Absolute bargain, I couldn't pass it up! Gee, bargains make me happy!

I caught up with my girlfriends as well for brunch. We went to Switch at Fountain Gate shopping centre. It was great to catch up. I think sometimes life just gets in the way and you forget how long it's been. I must make the effort to do that more often.

I didn't realise until I started thinking about my week, how much running around I actually do. It seems like I'm never home! We also went and visited Belinda and her brand new 3 week old baby girl, Aleeyah. What an adorable little girl, and such a gorgeous name. I had a cuddle and she felt like she weighed just a breath of air. It made me realise how fast Piper is growing up, she is 4 months old already!

This week, my husband and I also had our first proper date night without Piper! We went for dinner at Outback Jacks. So many people rave about how good the food is here, but I was a little disapointed! My steak wasn't cooked very well and was really fatty, so I don't think we will be going back again anytime soon. We then went to the movies and saw Red Dog. I loved it! Ok, ok, I cried as well, but that's not unusual - I cry in almost every movie! It was an Australian film and it was really good. If you're a dog lover, it is a must-see for sure.

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy the lovely sunshine. It's such a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment